Monday, 27 June 2016
- Monday, 27 June 2016 Ambassador Cuisia Honored with 2016 Carlos P. Romulo Award
- Friday, 24 June 2016 DFA Regional Consular Office Lucena Joins #Pagyanig2016 The Nationwide Simultaneous Earthquake Drill
- Thursday, 23 June 2016 29 Filipinas Rescued from Trafficking in Sarawak
- Wednesday, 22 June 2016 PHL Ambassador Rosario G. Manalo Wins Seat in UN Treaty Body on Gender Equality and Women's Rights
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Monday, 27 June 2016
- Monday, 27 June 2016 Alunalun Dance Circle Performs at the Nehru Memorial Museum and Library Auditorium
- Monday, 27 June 2016 PHL Consulate General in Xiamen Celebrates the 118th Anniversary of the Proclamation of Philippine Independence with the Filipino Community
- Monday, 27 June 2016 PHL Embassy in Abu Dhabi Celebrates 118th Anniversary of the Proclamation of Philippine Independence and Unveils Bust of Dr. Jose P. Rizal
- Monday, 27 June 2016 Pinoy Summer Sports League in Moscow Wraps Up Successfully
The Painting Contest is an initiative of the Philippines to commemorate the 46th founding anniversary of ASEAN in the Philippines and bring ASEAN into the consciousness of the Filipino and promote ASEAN identity in support of the establishment of ASEAN Community by 2015.
GENERAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
- The theme of the Competition is “Our People, Our Future Together”
- The Contest is open to all Filipino artists from 15-30 years old.
- Entry must be completely original, new work and free of any third-party rights. DFA-ASEAN shall not be liable in relation to any such third-party rights.
- Only one (1) entry per contestant will be accepted.
- The contestant must not have held any solo exhibit.
- Size: 2ft x 3ft exclusive of frame (works that exceed this dimension will not be accepted).
- Paintings can be framed, box type or museum wrap
- Medium: Oil or Acrylic on canvas only.
- Ready for hanging. Wet paintings will not be accepted.
- Entry should be unsigned.
- Entry Form may be downloaded from www.dfa.gov.ph
- ØDuly accomplished Entry Form including:
- Artist’s name and a short biography (maximum of 400 words)
- title of the artwork and brief description
- medium used, size and year it was made
- ØFive (5) copies of 5” x 7” high resolution photos of the artwork
- 1 Full Shot
- 2 close up (details of the painting)
- 2 progressive(while the artwork is being done)
- ØOne (1) 1” x 1” photo of the artist
- ØOriginal or reproduction of sketches or studies must be submitted.
- An acknowledgement receipt will be sent to the contestant upon submission of the entry photos.
Screening and Provisions
- By joining the Competition, the contestant agrees to abide by the rules and regulations of the Competition.
- All entries will undergo preliminary screening by a panel of judges. 30 art pieces will be chosen as semi-finalists.
- The 30 semi-finalists will be properly notified by DFA-ASEAN when to submit the actual paintings.
- The actual paintings should be sent upon instruction only and on the date given by and to the address provided by DFA-ASEAN.
- The actual paintings must be adequately and properly packaged to ensure its safety, although due care and precaution will be taken by DFA.
- DFA-ASEAN will not be liable for any damage to the artwork while in transit, during exhibition, while in the possession of and while on loan with the DFA-ASEAN.
- DFA-ASEAN reserves the right to use the images and name of the artist for public exhibitions and other promotional activities.
- DFA-ASEAN reserves the right to purchase the artworks or entries, excluding the winning works.
- The 30 art pieces will be featured in public exhibitions and other promotional activities from August to December 2013, and in 2014.
- 12 art pieces will be selected as finalists and will be utilized for ASEAN promotional materials, i.e. as desk and poster calendars, organizer/planner, etc.
- DFA-ASEAN reserves the right to choose which artworks to include for exhibition.
- The 3 winning art pieces shall become the property of DFA-ASEAN while the rest of the artworks will be loaned for promotional purposes and will be returned to the artists.
- First Prize: P50,000 and Certificate of Excellence
- Second Prize: P35,000 and Certificate of Excellence
- Third Prize: P25,000 and Certificate of Excellence
- All participants will receive Certificates of Participation
Announcement of Winners and Awarding Ceremony
- 07 August 2013