Thursday, 05 May 2016
- Thursday, 05 May 2016 Statement on the Demise of the Hon. Domingo L. Siazon, Jr. (UPDATED)
- Sunday, 01 May 2016 Statement On the Release of the 10 Indonesian Hostages
- Friday, 29 April 2016 Statement on the Attack on Pul-E-Mahmood Khan in Afghanistan
- Friday, 29 April 2016 Undersecretary Manalo Attends Asean Senior Officials’ Meeting With China in Singapore
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Thursday, 05 May 2016
- Thursday, 05 May 2016 PH Receives Award for Project on E-Employment
- Thursday, 05 May 2016 PHL Ambassador Addresses Management Board of the Swiss Asian Chamber of Commerce
- Thursday, 05 May 2016 Asean Committee of Lisbon Portugal Conducts 2ND Asean-Portugal Forum on Strengthening Economic and Business Partnerships
- Thursday, 05 May 2016 PHL Ambassador to Bahrain Casts His Ballot Before the End of Overseas Voting on May 09
3 July 2013 - The ASEAN Committee in Rome (ACR) promotes ASEAN Political-Security, Economic, and Socio-Cultural interests in Italy, through projects with the Italian Foreign Ministry such as the ASEAN Awareness Forum, working visits to major Italian cities, and Ambassadors Luncheons with guests-of-honor from government or the private sector.
Philippine Ambassador to Italy Virgilio A. Reyes, Jr., as Chairman of the ACR from July to December 2013, began his term by hosting a lunch for Italy’s Minister for Integration, the Honorable Dr. Cecile Kyenge on June 28.
Minister Kyenge is an ophthalmologist and a surgeon by profession, who has been active in politics since 2004 and was elected to the Chamber of Deputies at the 17th Congress in February 2013. She was appointed Minister for Integration by Prime Minister Enrico Letta in April 2013.
The warm discussion over lunch covered topics such as improved integration of migrant communities in Italy, deliberations on draft legislation towards a possible grant of citizenship to children of migrants born on Italian soil (jus soli), and immigration and adoption policies of Italy and ASEAN countries. Minister Kyenge’s Office closely collaborates with government agencies regarding policies involving integration, citizenship, interfaith dialogue, addressing racism, and itinerant communities.
The Minister was presented with tokens from the Philippines by Ambassador Reyes at the conclusion of the lunch. END