Tuesday, 01 December 2015
- Friday, 27 November 2015 PHL Senior Associate Justice Gives Legal Perspective in International Security Forum in Canada
- Wednesday, 25 November 2015 Deadline for Reactivation of Overseas Voting Records is Extended
- Friday, 20 November 2015 Spouses of Foreign Affairs and Trade & Industry Secretaries Jointly Host APEC Ministerial Meeting – Spouses Program
- Friday, 20 November 2015 Foreign Affairs Secretary Albert F. Del Rosario Confers Order of Sikatuna on outgoing Iranian Ambassador
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Tuesday, 01 December 2015
- Tuesday, 01 December 2015 Simbang Gabi, Pamaskong Handog Concert topbills Christmas Celebrations of PHL Embassy in Kuala Lumpur
- Tuesday, 01 December 2015 PHL Embassy in Mexico joins 70TH Founding Anniversary of La Escuela Primaria Escuadron 201
- Tuesday, 01 December 2015 PHL Embassy in Pretoria conducts information session on Gender and Development
- Tuesday, 01 December 2015 PHL Embassy in Pretoria strengthens its Economic Diplomacy Program with visit from Cebu Chamber of Commerce and Industry
3 July 2013 - The ASEAN Committee in Rome (ACR) promotes ASEAN Political-Security, Economic, and Socio-Cultural interests in Italy, through projects with the Italian Foreign Ministry such as the ASEAN Awareness Forum, working visits to major Italian cities, and Ambassadors Luncheons with guests-of-honor from government or the private sector.
Philippine Ambassador to Italy Virgilio A. Reyes, Jr., as Chairman of the ACR from July to December 2013, began his term by hosting a lunch for Italy’s Minister for Integration, the Honorable Dr. Cecile Kyenge on June 28.
Minister Kyenge is an ophthalmologist and a surgeon by profession, who has been active in politics since 2004 and was elected to the Chamber of Deputies at the 17th Congress in February 2013. She was appointed Minister for Integration by Prime Minister Enrico Letta in April 2013.
The warm discussion over lunch covered topics such as improved integration of migrant communities in Italy, deliberations on draft legislation towards a possible grant of citizenship to children of migrants born on Italian soil (jus soli), and immigration and adoption policies of Italy and ASEAN countries. Minister Kyenge’s Office closely collaborates with government agencies regarding policies involving integration, citizenship, interfaith dialogue, addressing racism, and itinerant communities.
The Minister was presented with tokens from the Philippines by Ambassador Reyes at the conclusion of the lunch. END