Friday, 05 February 2016
- Friday, 05 February 2016 Statement on DPRK's Recent Notification of a Rocket Launch
- Thursday, 04 February 2016 Philippines and Sri Lanka sign Memorandum of Understanding on Political Consultations
- Friday, 29 January 2016 Statement on the Recently Concluded Command Conference on the Contingency Plans on the Diplomatic Tension Between the Islamic Republic of Iran and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Tuesday, 26 January 2016 Statement on various terrorist incidents against innocents and civilians
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Thursday, 04 February 2016
- Thursday, 04 February 2016 PHL Consulate General in Milan holds Economic Country Briefing
- Thursday, 04 February 2016 PHL Ambassador in Paris talks about PH resilience amidst China’s Slowdown
- Thursday, 04 February 2016 Prosecuting Attorney of Honolulu City and County visits the PHL Consulate
- Thursday, 04 February 2016 PHL Ambassador and Timor-Leste Minister of Education discuss ways of strengthening Cooperation in Education
3 July 2013 - The ASEAN Committee in Rome (ACR) promotes ASEAN Political-Security, Economic, and Socio-Cultural interests in Italy, through projects with the Italian Foreign Ministry such as the ASEAN Awareness Forum, working visits to major Italian cities, and Ambassadors Luncheons with guests-of-honor from government or the private sector.
Philippine Ambassador to Italy Virgilio A. Reyes, Jr., as Chairman of the ACR from July to December 2013, began his term by hosting a lunch for Italy’s Minister for Integration, the Honorable Dr. Cecile Kyenge on June 28.
Minister Kyenge is an ophthalmologist and a surgeon by profession, who has been active in politics since 2004 and was elected to the Chamber of Deputies at the 17th Congress in February 2013. She was appointed Minister for Integration by Prime Minister Enrico Letta in April 2013.
The warm discussion over lunch covered topics such as improved integration of migrant communities in Italy, deliberations on draft legislation towards a possible grant of citizenship to children of migrants born on Italian soil (jus soli), and immigration and adoption policies of Italy and ASEAN countries. Minister Kyenge’s Office closely collaborates with government agencies regarding policies involving integration, citizenship, interfaith dialogue, addressing racism, and itinerant communities.
The Minister was presented with tokens from the Philippines by Ambassador Reyes at the conclusion of the lunch. END