Saturday, 23 July 2016
- Friday, 22 July 2016 Foreign Affairs Secretary Perfecto R. Yasay to Participate in the 49th ASEAN Foreign Ministers’ Meeting and Related Meetings on July 23-26, 2016 in Vientiane, Lao PDR
- Thursday, 21 July 2016 DFA-RCO Baguio Conducts Lecture-Forum on Procedures and Requirements of DFA’s Partner Agencies in the Cordillera Administrative Region
- Monday, 18 July 2016 DFA Sends Rapid Response Team to Assist OFWs Stranded in Saudi Arabia
- Sunday, 17 July 2016 Foreign Affairs Secretary Perfecto Yasay Says Peace and Stability Arise from Respect for International Law
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Friday, 22 July 2016
- Friday, 22 July 2016 PHL Consulate General in Dubai Completes Landmark Psycho-Social Seminar Series
- Friday, 22 July 2016 PHL Ambassador to Mexico Participates in Lecture on the Cultural Route of the Manila Galleon
- Friday, 22 July 2016 PHL Consulate General in San Francisco, USCIS Organize 2nd Forum on the Filipino World War II Veterans Parole Program
- Friday, 22 July 2016 Royal Ontario Museum Features Jake Verzosa’s Photographs of the Last Tattooed Women of Kalinga
3 July 2013 - The ASEAN Committee in Rome (ACR) promotes ASEAN Political-Security, Economic, and Socio-Cultural interests in Italy, through projects with the Italian Foreign Ministry such as the ASEAN Awareness Forum, working visits to major Italian cities, and Ambassadors Luncheons with guests-of-honor from government or the private sector.
Philippine Ambassador to Italy Virgilio A. Reyes, Jr., as Chairman of the ACR from July to December 2013, began his term by hosting a lunch for Italy’s Minister for Integration, the Honorable Dr. Cecile Kyenge on June 28.
Minister Kyenge is an ophthalmologist and a surgeon by profession, who has been active in politics since 2004 and was elected to the Chamber of Deputies at the 17th Congress in February 2013. She was appointed Minister for Integration by Prime Minister Enrico Letta in April 2013.
The warm discussion over lunch covered topics such as improved integration of migrant communities in Italy, deliberations on draft legislation towards a possible grant of citizenship to children of migrants born on Italian soil (jus soli), and immigration and adoption policies of Italy and ASEAN countries. Minister Kyenge’s Office closely collaborates with government agencies regarding policies involving integration, citizenship, interfaith dialogue, addressing racism, and itinerant communities.
The Minister was presented with tokens from the Philippines by Ambassador Reyes at the conclusion of the lunch. END