Sunday, 01 May 2016
- Friday, 29 April 2016 Statement on the Attack on Pul-E-Mahmood Khan in Afghanistan
- Friday, 29 April 2016 Undersecretary Manalo Attends Asean Senior Officials’ Meeting With China Singapore
- Thursday, 28 April 2016 PH, ROK Conclude Arrangement, Loan Agreement for the Panguil Bay Bridge Project
- Thursday, 28 April 2016 Statement on the Recent Submarine-Launched Ballistic Missile Test by the Democratic People's Republic of Korea
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Wednesday, 04 May 2016
- Wednesday, 04 May 2016 Filipinos in Israel Celebrate Labor Day and Flores De Mayo 2016
- Wednesday, 04 May 2016 PHL Embassy In Dili Conducts Gender And Development Seminar
- Tuesday, 03 May 2016 Filipino Community in Qatar Receives ‘Best Community Award’
- Tuesday, 03 May 2016 PHL Embassy in Doha Breaches 10,000 Voter Benchmark, Commemorates Women’s Suffrage Day
04 December 2013 - Upon the invitation of the Rotary Club of Sydney Inc., Ambassador Belen F. Anota addressed the members of the Club during its weekly meeting on November 26. Ambassador Anota spoke on the topic, “Australia’s Stake in the West Philippine Sea”.
At the beginning of her address, Ambassador Anota spoke on typhoon Yolanda (Haiyan) and its devastating effects on the Philippines and expressed her appreciation to the Australian Government and people for their ready response and continuing support and assistance to those affected by the super typhoon in the Philippines.
In her presentation, Ambassador Anota discussed the strategic and economic significance of the South China Sea, the Australian and Philippine positions on the South China Sea issue, and the Philippine-initiated arbitration process to determine the Philippines’ maritime entitlements in the South China Sea under the UN Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS).
After the open forum that followed Ambassador Anota’s presentation, Rotary Club of Sydney President Geoff Wilbow extended his thanks, on behalf of the Club, for Ambassador Anota’s presentation to the Rotarians. This was followed by a presentation of a Certificate of Appreciation to Ambassador Anota from the Club by Mr. Rene Benitez, a member of the Rotary Club of Sydney.
Around 70 Rotarians attended the talk. The Rotary Club of Sydney is a sister club to the Rotary Club of Makati in the Philippines. END