Tuesday, 28 June 2016
- Monday, 27 June 2016 Statement on DPRK’s Musudan Intermediate-Range Missile Launches
- Monday, 27 June 2016 Ambassador Cuisia Honored with 2016 Carlos P. Romulo Award
- Friday, 24 June 2016 DFA Regional Consular Office Lucena Joins #Pagyanig2016 The Nationwide Simultaneous Earthquake Drill
- Thursday, 23 June 2016 29 Filipinas Rescued from Trafficking in Sarawak
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Wednesday, 29 June 2016
- Wednesday, 29 June 2016 FABEX Chicago’s “Progress and Success Speaker Series” Featured at the Filcom Meet-Up
- Wednesday, 29 June 2016 PHL Embassy in Lebanon Commemorates the 155th Birth Anniversary of Dr. Jose Rizal
- Wednesday, 29 June 2016 PHL Embassy Attends the Opening Ceremony of the Annual Sports Event for OFWs in Lebanon
- Wednesday, 29 June 2016 PHL Ambassador Calls on the Director General of Lebanon’s General Security
04 December 2013 - Upon the invitation of the Rotary Club of Sydney Inc., Ambassador Belen F. Anota addressed the members of the Club during its weekly meeting on November 26. Ambassador Anota spoke on the topic, “Australia’s Stake in the West Philippine Sea”.
At the beginning of her address, Ambassador Anota spoke on typhoon Yolanda (Haiyan) and its devastating effects on the Philippines and expressed her appreciation to the Australian Government and people for their ready response and continuing support and assistance to those affected by the super typhoon in the Philippines.
In her presentation, Ambassador Anota discussed the strategic and economic significance of the South China Sea, the Australian and Philippine positions on the South China Sea issue, and the Philippine-initiated arbitration process to determine the Philippines’ maritime entitlements in the South China Sea under the UN Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS).
After the open forum that followed Ambassador Anota’s presentation, Rotary Club of Sydney President Geoff Wilbow extended his thanks, on behalf of the Club, for Ambassador Anota’s presentation to the Rotarians. This was followed by a presentation of a Certificate of Appreciation to Ambassador Anota from the Club by Mr. Rene Benitez, a member of the Rotary Club of Sydney.
Around 70 Rotarians attended the talk. The Rotary Club of Sydney is a sister club to the Rotary Club of Makati in the Philippines. END