Monday, 30 May 2016
- Friday, 13 May 2016 APEC Senior Officials to Meet in Arequipa, Peru for 2nd APEC Senior
- Wednesday, 11 May 2016 On the Release of the Four Remaining Indonesian Hostages
- Tuesday, 10 May 2016 PHL Ambassador to Brazil Meets with Undersecretary of National Defense Fernando I. Manalo during the Ambassadors’ Official Consultation Meetings in PH
- Friday, 06 May 2016 DFA Joins Commemoration of Holocaust Remembrance Day
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Monday, 30 May 2016
- Monday, 30 May 2016 “Masaya Choir” Calls on French Foreign Minister at the Quai D’orsay
- Monday, 30 May 2016 PHL Embassy in Abu Dhabi Attends Special Screening of Indie Film “Partition”
- Monday, 30 May 2016 PHL Embassy in Norway Participates in Sprak Og Kultur Festivalen
- Monday, 30 May 2016 NDCP Promotes People-to-People Exchanges, Visits Myanmar
04 December 2013 - Upon the invitation of the Rotary Club of Sydney Inc., Ambassador Belen F. Anota addressed the members of the Club during its weekly meeting on November 26. Ambassador Anota spoke on the topic, “Australia’s Stake in the West Philippine Sea”.
At the beginning of her address, Ambassador Anota spoke on typhoon Yolanda (Haiyan) and its devastating effects on the Philippines and expressed her appreciation to the Australian Government and people for their ready response and continuing support and assistance to those affected by the super typhoon in the Philippines.
In her presentation, Ambassador Anota discussed the strategic and economic significance of the South China Sea, the Australian and Philippine positions on the South China Sea issue, and the Philippine-initiated arbitration process to determine the Philippines’ maritime entitlements in the South China Sea under the UN Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS).
After the open forum that followed Ambassador Anota’s presentation, Rotary Club of Sydney President Geoff Wilbow extended his thanks, on behalf of the Club, for Ambassador Anota’s presentation to the Rotarians. This was followed by a presentation of a Certificate of Appreciation to Ambassador Anota from the Club by Mr. Rene Benitez, a member of the Rotary Club of Sydney.
Around 70 Rotarians attended the talk. The Rotary Club of Sydney is a sister club to the Rotary Club of Makati in the Philippines. END