Friday, 20 November 2015
- Friday, 20 November 2015 Foreign Affairs Secretary Albert F. Del Rosario Confers Order of Sikatuna on outgoing Iranian Ambassador
- Friday, 20 November 2015 OECD: Philippines has the Most Favorable Growth Outlook among Asean-5 in 2016
- Thursday, 19 November 2015 President Benigno S. Aquino III Meets with Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev on APEC Summit Sidelines at the PICC
- Thursday, 19 November 2015 Philippines and Viet Nam Establish Strategic Partnership
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Tuesday, 24 November 2015
- Tuesday, 24 November 2015 DFA Undersecretary shares outcomes of APEC Philippines 2015 at The OECD in Paris
- Tuesday, 24 November 2015 PHL Consulate General welcomes participants of Philippine National Police PSOSEC Class 2015-93
- Tuesday, 24 November 2015 PHL Consulate General, Hong Kong Breast Cancer Foundation jointly organize free breast screening and mammogram
- Tuesday, 24 November 2015 Miss Earth Salutes COP 21
04 December 2013 - Upon the invitation of the Rotary Club of Sydney Inc., Ambassador Belen F. Anota addressed the members of the Club during its weekly meeting on November 26. Ambassador Anota spoke on the topic, “Australia’s Stake in the West Philippine Sea”.
At the beginning of her address, Ambassador Anota spoke on typhoon Yolanda (Haiyan) and its devastating effects on the Philippines and expressed her appreciation to the Australian Government and people for their ready response and continuing support and assistance to those affected by the super typhoon in the Philippines.
In her presentation, Ambassador Anota discussed the strategic and economic significance of the South China Sea, the Australian and Philippine positions on the South China Sea issue, and the Philippine-initiated arbitration process to determine the Philippines’ maritime entitlements in the South China Sea under the UN Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS).
After the open forum that followed Ambassador Anota’s presentation, Rotary Club of Sydney President Geoff Wilbow extended his thanks, on behalf of the Club, for Ambassador Anota’s presentation to the Rotarians. This was followed by a presentation of a Certificate of Appreciation to Ambassador Anota from the Club by Mr. Rene Benitez, a member of the Rotary Club of Sydney.
Around 70 Rotarians attended the talk. The Rotary Club of Sydney is a sister club to the Rotary Club of Makati in the Philippines. END