Friday, 24 June 2016
- Thursday, 23 June 2016 29 Filipinas Rescued from Trafficking in Sarawak
- Wednesday, 22 June 2016 PHL Ambassador Rosario G. Manalo Wins Seat in UN Treaty Body on Gender Equality and Women's Rights
- Wednesday, 22 June 2016 ASEAN and Canada Agree to Strengthen Cooperation in Run Up to 40th Anniversary of ASEAN-Canada Relations in 2017
- Monday, 20 June 2016 DFA Regional Consular Office in Lucena Commemorates the 118th Anniversary of the Proclamation of Philippine Independence
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Friday, 24 June 2016
- Friday, 24 June 2016 Senator Juan Edgardo “Sonny” Angara Graces 118th Independence Day Celebrations in Saipan; Visits PHL Consulate General in Guam
- Friday, 24 June 2016 PHL Ambassador Bids Farewell to Lebanon’s MFAE Secretary General
- Friday, 24 June 2016 PHL Ambassador Calls on Lebanon’s MFAE Director for Political and Consular Affairs
- Friday, 24 June 2016 PHL Embassy Inaugurates Miniature Replica of Rizal Monument on Birth Anniversary of Dr. Jose Rizal
23 December 2013 - The Filipino community in Athens, Greece led by the Accredited Community Partners (ACP) in coordination with the Philippine Embassy in Athens, Philippine Overseas Labor Office/Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (POLO-OWWA) and Pag-IBIG Representative joined together in a humanitarian one-day Mega Bazaar on December 15 at the upper part of the open basketball court in Ambelokipi, Athens, to raise funds for victims of Typhoon Yolanda (Haiyan) in the Philippines. This was in lieu of the annual Christmas celebration of the Filipino community in Athens.
The officers and staff of the Philippine Embassy attended the event to support the initiative of the Filipino community and coordinated with the Filcom and local authorities in securing a venue for the event.
Different Filipino community organizations such as the ACP, Bicol Saro with New Horizon, Real Brotherhood, KAPHILCA-Philippine School In Greece, Triad Travel Agency, TIGER FB II, Mindanao Visayas Society, PGBI Greece Chapter, Triskelion Anti-Hazing, BIMAK Hellas, Filipino Children’s Learning Center, PSG Mt. Bikers, Filipino Christian Fellowship of Athens, Catholic Union of Filipinos in Athens, Philippine Cultural and Educational Academy, Philippine Overseas Society, Filipino Community Academy Institute, Sentrong Filipino, Athinakos Bowling Club, Tau Gamma Phi Sigma National Council, Red Cross Samaritan Section in Thessaloniki, Metropolitan Bowling Center, and Filipino and Greek individuals also participated in the event through cash donations, selling of food and other items. In-kind donations from individuals and organizations were converted to cash by selling them during the bazaar.
The bazaar was able to raise a total of €3,200.00 (approximately US$ 4,379). The amount will be remitted to the Philippine Red Cross.
Other Filipino community organizations in Greece like the Migrant Workers Without Borders (MWWB) in coordination with the Philippine Consulate and other Filipino community members in Heraklion Crete organized an “event of love and solidarity” for the victims of Typhoon Yolanda (Haiyan) on December 8. The group was able to raise a total amount of US$1,485.00 which was sent to Philippine Red Cross on December 17. END