Friday, 29 April 2016
- Friday, 29 April 2016 Undersecretary Manalo Attends Asean Senior Officials’ Meeting With China Singapore
- Thursday, 28 April 2016 PH, ROK Conclude Arrangement, Loan Agreement for the Panguil Bay Bridge Project
- Thursday, 28 April 2016 Statement on the Recent Submarine-Launched Ballistic Missile Test by the Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Tuesday, 26 April 2016 On Government Efforts to Rescue Kidnap Victims
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Friday, 29 April 2016
- Friday, 29 April 2016 PHL Consulate General in Honolulu Conducts Mobile Field Voting in Maui and Hilo, Hawaii
- Friday, 29 April 2016 New PHL Ambassador Presents Credentials to Australian Governor General
- Friday, 29 April 2016 PHL Consulate General Vancouver’s Announcement for Overseas Voters
- Friday, 29 April 2016 PHL Embassy and POLO Activate Joint Assistance Desk in Eastern Region of Saudi Arabia
23 December 2013 - The Filipino community in Athens, Greece led by the Accredited Community Partners (ACP) in coordination with the Philippine Embassy in Athens, Philippine Overseas Labor Office/Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (POLO-OWWA) and Pag-IBIG Representative joined together in a humanitarian one-day Mega Bazaar on December 15 at the upper part of the open basketball court in Ambelokipi, Athens, to raise funds for victims of Typhoon Yolanda (Haiyan) in the Philippines. This was in lieu of the annual Christmas celebration of the Filipino community in Athens.
The officers and staff of the Philippine Embassy attended the event to support the initiative of the Filipino community and coordinated with the Filcom and local authorities in securing a venue for the event.
Different Filipino community organizations such as the ACP, Bicol Saro with New Horizon, Real Brotherhood, KAPHILCA-Philippine School In Greece, Triad Travel Agency, TIGER FB II, Mindanao Visayas Society, PGBI Greece Chapter, Triskelion Anti-Hazing, BIMAK Hellas, Filipino Children’s Learning Center, PSG Mt. Bikers, Filipino Christian Fellowship of Athens, Catholic Union of Filipinos in Athens, Philippine Cultural and Educational Academy, Philippine Overseas Society, Filipino Community Academy Institute, Sentrong Filipino, Athinakos Bowling Club, Tau Gamma Phi Sigma National Council, Red Cross Samaritan Section in Thessaloniki, Metropolitan Bowling Center, and Filipino and Greek individuals also participated in the event through cash donations, selling of food and other items. In-kind donations from individuals and organizations were converted to cash by selling them during the bazaar.
The bazaar was able to raise a total of €3,200.00 (approximately US$ 4,379). The amount will be remitted to the Philippine Red Cross.
Other Filipino community organizations in Greece like the Migrant Workers Without Borders (MWWB) in coordination with the Philippine Consulate and other Filipino community members in Heraklion Crete organized an “event of love and solidarity” for the victims of Typhoon Yolanda (Haiyan) on December 8. The group was able to raise a total amount of US$1,485.00 which was sent to Philippine Red Cross on December 17. END