Friday, 13 May 2016
- Wednesday, 11 May 2016 On the Release of the Four Remaining Indonesian Hostages
- Tuesday, 10 May 2016 PHL Ambassador to Brazil Meets with Undersecretary of National Defense Fernando I. Manalo during the Ambassadors’ Official Consultation Meetings in PH
- Friday, 06 May 2016 DFA Joins Commemoration of Holocaust Remembrance Day
- Friday, 06 May 2016 23 Filipinos from Syria Set to Arrive in PHL
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Friday, 27 May 2016
- Friday, 27 May 2016 Emir of Riyadh Graces PHL Embassy Celebration of the 118th Anniversary of the Declaration of Philippine Independence
- Friday, 27 May 2016 PHL Ambassador to Oman Joins ASEAN Committee in Muscat Tour of Sohar
- Friday, 27 May 2016 PHL Embassy in Madrid Promotes Philippine Investment Opportunities to Valencian Companies
- Friday, 27 May 2016 PHL Embassy in Amman Holds Third Filipino Film Days 2016 in Celebration of the 118th Anniversary of the Proclamation of Philippine Independence
25 February 2015 – The Philippine Consulate General in Agana, Guam conducted mobile consular outreach in Chuuk and Pohnpei, Federated States of Micronesia (FSM) from February 11 to 13 and from February 15 to 16, respectively. This is the second time that the Consulate General conducted the mobile consular service for the Filipinos in Chuuk and Pohnpei since it assumed consular jurisdiction of the FSM in November 2012. The first one was conducted in December 2013.
Philippine Consul General Marciano R. de Borja led the consular team composed of Consul Edgar Tomas Q. Auxilian, Mr. Francisco Magno (for passport services), Mr. Emmanuel Garcia (for overseas voters registration), Ms. Maelani Revilla (for authentication/notarials and civil registration, etc.), and Ms. Emerita Marquez (Collecting Officer).
During the five-day consular mission, the consular team was able to process a total of 144 e-Passports, six notarials/authentication services, five reports of birth, two reports of marriage and one employment contract verification.
The consular team was also able to process the application for registration of 325 prospective new overseas voters, 154 of whom are in Chuuk and 171 in Pohnpei, in preparation for the May 2016 national elections.
Consul General de Borja, accompanied by Consul Auxilian, was also able to visit the work places of the Filipinos working in Chuuk, particularly the Chuuk State Hospital where about six Filipino doctors and 20 nurses are employed.
In Pohnpei, Philippine Honorary Consul in FSM Dr. Merlynn Abello-Alfonso also gave Consulate Geneal officials a tour of her family-owned hospital, Genesis Hospital, which employs seven Filipino doctors, 16 nurses and another 24 hospital personnel.
The consular team, also graced the Valentine’s day event of the United Filipino Community in Pohnpei (UFCP) on February 15 in which Consul General de Borja and Consul Auxilian served as judges during the singing contest.
The Filipino communities in Chuuk and Pohnpei expressed appreciation to the Consulate General for the visit and attention given to their consular needs even if they are living in the remote islands of the Pacific. They are also thankful that they were given a chance to register and vote for the May 2016 elections.
Consul General de Borja thanked Honorary Consul Abello-Alfonso, the Kapisanan ng mga Pilipinos sa Truk (KAPIT), a Filipino organization in Chuuk state headed by Mr. Dudley Jordan, the United Filipino Community in Pohnpei (UFCP), the umbrella organization of Filipinos in Pohnpei headed by Mr. Russel Figueras, and the different Filipino regional organizations in Pohnpei for the kind support and cooperation that ensured the success of the consular mission. END