Tuesday, 09 February 2016
- Sunday, 07 February 2016 Statement on DPRK's Rocket Launch
- Sunday, 07 February 2016 Statement on the Reported Showing of a Pirated Movie in a Satellite Consular Office
- Saturday, 06 February 2016 German STIHL Group opens New Zama production plant in the Philippines
- Friday, 05 February 2016 High Court of Kota Kinabalu Delivers Prima Facie Case Ruling on 27 Filipinos Accused in 2013 Lahad Datu Incident
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Tuesday, 09 February 2016
- Tuesday, 09 February 2016 PHL Embassy in Riyadh extends 15,637 Consular Services in January 2016
- Tuesday, 09 February 2016 Community Organizations shine light on humanitarian efforts to help Typhoon Nona vctims in first-ever Fund-Raising Fair
- Tuesday, 09 February 2016 Business opportunities and franchising for Balikbayans highlighted in New York seminar
- Tuesday, 09 February 2016 PHL Consulate General in Hong Kong welcomes Dinagyang Group from Iloilo to perform in Chinese New Year Parade
25 February 2015 – The Philippine Consulate General in Agana, Guam conducted mobile consular outreach in Chuuk and Pohnpei, Federated States of Micronesia (FSM) from February 11 to 13 and from February 15 to 16, respectively. This is the second time that the Consulate General conducted the mobile consular service for the Filipinos in Chuuk and Pohnpei since it assumed consular jurisdiction of the FSM in November 2012. The first one was conducted in December 2013.
Philippine Consul General Marciano R. de Borja led the consular team composed of Consul Edgar Tomas Q. Auxilian, Mr. Francisco Magno (for passport services), Mr. Emmanuel Garcia (for overseas voters registration), Ms. Maelani Revilla (for authentication/notarials and civil registration, etc.), and Ms. Emerita Marquez (Collecting Officer).
During the five-day consular mission, the consular team was able to process a total of 144 e-Passports, six notarials/authentication services, five reports of birth, two reports of marriage and one employment contract verification.
The consular team was also able to process the application for registration of 325 prospective new overseas voters, 154 of whom are in Chuuk and 171 in Pohnpei, in preparation for the May 2016 national elections.
Consul General de Borja, accompanied by Consul Auxilian, was also able to visit the work places of the Filipinos working in Chuuk, particularly the Chuuk State Hospital where about six Filipino doctors and 20 nurses are employed.
In Pohnpei, Philippine Honorary Consul in FSM Dr. Merlynn Abello-Alfonso also gave Consulate Geneal officials a tour of her family-owned hospital, Genesis Hospital, which employs seven Filipino doctors, 16 nurses and another 24 hospital personnel.
The consular team, also graced the Valentine’s day event of the United Filipino Community in Pohnpei (UFCP) on February 15 in which Consul General de Borja and Consul Auxilian served as judges during the singing contest.
The Filipino communities in Chuuk and Pohnpei expressed appreciation to the Consulate General for the visit and attention given to their consular needs even if they are living in the remote islands of the Pacific. They are also thankful that they were given a chance to register and vote for the May 2016 elections.
Consul General de Borja thanked Honorary Consul Abello-Alfonso, the Kapisanan ng mga Pilipinos sa Truk (KAPIT), a Filipino organization in Chuuk state headed by Mr. Dudley Jordan, the United Filipino Community in Pohnpei (UFCP), the umbrella organization of Filipinos in Pohnpei headed by Mr. Russel Figueras, and the different Filipino regional organizations in Pohnpei for the kind support and cooperation that ensured the success of the consular mission. END