Friday, 24 June 2016
- Thursday, 23 June 2016 29 Filipinas Rescued from Trafficking in Sarawak
- Wednesday, 22 June 2016 PHL Ambassador Rosario G. Manalo Wins Seat in UN Treaty Body on Gender Equality and Women's Rights
- Wednesday, 22 June 2016 ASEAN and Canada Agree to Strengthen Cooperation in Run Up to 40th Anniversary of ASEAN-Canada Relations in 2017
- Monday, 20 June 2016 DFA Regional Consular Office in Lucena Commemorates the 118th Anniversary of the Proclamation of Philippine Independence
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Friday, 24 June 2016
- Friday, 24 June 2016 Senator Juan Edgardo “Sonny” Angara Graces 118th Independence Day Celebrations in Saipan; Visits PHL Consulate General in Guam
- Friday, 24 June 2016 PHL Ambassador Bids Farewell to Lebanon’s MFAE Secretary General
- Friday, 24 June 2016 PHL Ambassador Calls on Lebanon’s MFAE Director for Political and Consular Affairs
- Friday, 24 June 2016 PHL Embassy Inaugurates Miniature Replica of Rizal Monument on
23 June 2015 - The Philippine Embassy in Tripoli reported that 172 overseas Filipino workers with nine minors are scheduled to arrive in the Philippines today on board two separate commercial flights.
These repatriates were evacuated by the Embassy Team out of Tripoli and central region, and from Tobruk and eastern region, then escorted to Tunisia on June 21 where they awaited their return flights to the Philippines. The first batch composed of 92 repatriates will arrive at 4:00 p.m. via flight QR932, while the second batch composed of 80 repatriates will arrive at 4:35 p.m. on board flight EK332.
These arrivals bring the total number of Filipinos repatriated by the Philippine Government from Libya to 5290. Meanwhile, more than 3000 Filipinos remain in Libya.
While Alert Level 4 remains raised in Libya, the Embassy Team in Tripoli continues to work tirelessly to convince the remaining Filipinos in that country to accept the Philippine Government’s repatriation offer and return to their loved ones in the Philippines as soon as possible. END