Monday, 30 May 2016
- Friday, 13 May 2016 APEC Senior Officials to Meet in Arequipa, Peru for 2nd APEC Senior
- Wednesday, 11 May 2016 On the Release of the Four Remaining Indonesian Hostages
- Tuesday, 10 May 2016 PHL Ambassador to Brazil Meets with Undersecretary of National Defense Fernando I. Manalo during the Ambassadors’ Official Consultation Meetings in PH
- Friday, 06 May 2016 DFA Joins Commemoration of Holocaust Remembrance Day
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Monday, 30 May 2016
- Monday, 30 May 2016 “Masaya Choir” Calls on French Foreign Minister at the Quai D’orsay
- Monday, 30 May 2016 PHL Embassy in Abu Dhabi Attends Special Screening of Indie Film “Partition”
- Monday, 30 May 2016 PHL Embassy in Norway Participates in Sprak Og Kultur Festivalen
- Monday, 30 May 2016 NDCP Promotes People-to-People Exchanges, Visits Myanmar
30 January 2015 - The Philippine Embassy in Yangon, as part of its efforts to promote awareness on the Philippines and the Filipino people, formally donated books on the Philippines to the National Library in Nay Pyi Taw on January 27.
The books received by Myanmar’s Ministry of Culture Director General of the Department of Historical Research Daw Nanda Hmun featured Philippine history, culture, arts and literature. It included audio recordings of Hudhud, a United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) proclaimed masterpiece of the oral and intangible heritage of humanity, and Mamayog, a recording of the music of Samaon Sulaiman, a Maguindanaoan kutyapi musician conferred with the title, Manlilikha ng Bayan (National Living Treasure).
It is hoped that the collection provided by the National Commission for Culture and the Arts (NCCA) will contribute to a greater understanding of the Philippines and the Filipino people and bring the Philippines and Myanmar closer in the context of an integrating ASEAN region. END