Friday, 28 October 2016
- Wednesday, 26 October 2016 Philippines - Japan Joint Statement
- Tuesday, 25 October 2016 Remarks of Secretary Perfecto R. Yasay, Jr. on the 71st United Nations Day Celebration, "Shaping the World's Future that Works for All"
- Monday, 24 October 2016 Philippines Marks 71 Years of Partnership with the United Nations
- Monday, 24 October 2016 Commission on Appointments Confirms Four New Ambassadors
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Friday, 28 October 2016
- Friday, 28 October 2016 Memory of the 210 Fallen UN Personnel Honored at the Annual Memorial Service
- Friday, 28 October 2016 PHL Consulate General in Osaka Unveils President Elpidio Quirino Memorial Marker in Yasugi, Shimane
- Friday, 28 October 2016 PHL Embassy in Oslo Conducts Consular Outreach in Aarhus, Denmark
- Friday, 28 October 2016 PHL Embassy in Phnom Penh Brings Award-Winning Philippine Illustrators of Children’s Books to Cambodia
- Friday, 28 October 2016 PHL Ambassador to South Africa Meets with New Chief of the Department of International Relations for Central, South and Southeast Asia
- Friday, 28 October 2016 Filipino Artists Join Singapore Biennale 2016
03 June 2015 – The Philippine Embassy in Doha successfully launched on May 29 the i-Rehistro, an online system that provides a much faster way of accomplishing the form for overseas voter registration, during the Quarterly General Assembly of the United Filipino Organizations in Qatar, the umbrella organization of Filipino communities in the country.
Philippine Ambassador to Qatar Wilfredo C. Santos encouraged more overseas Filipinos in Qatar to register in time for the national elections in May 2016 through the i-Rehistro. “You want change in our country. This is the best way. Through this mechanism, you can select the future leaders of our country. This is voluntary, but it is your obligation as citizens to register and cast votes. I hope you will participate for the future of our country,” Ambassador Santos said.
Administrative Officer and Overseas Voter (OV) Registration Focal Point, Victoria P. Artificio, gave a demonstration on how to access the i-Rehistro on the COMELEC website and accomplish the online form.
As of May 26, there are currently 7,003 Filipinos in Qatar who have already registered. Out of that figure, 6,476 are new registrants, while 527 are considered as transferees or classified under ‘reactivation of registration’. Embassy has been given the target of registering 16,000 Filipinos in Qatar. END