Friday, 24 June 2016
- Thursday, 23 June 2016 29 Filipinas Rescued from Trafficking in Sarawak
- Wednesday, 22 June 2016 PHL Ambassador Rosario G. Manalo Wins Seat in UN Treaty Body on Gender Equality and Women's Rights
- Wednesday, 22 June 2016 ASEAN and Canada Agree to Strengthen Cooperation in Run Up to 40th Anniversary of ASEAN-Canada Relations in 2017
- Monday, 20 June 2016 DFA Regional Consular Office in Lucena Commemorates the 118th Anniversary of the Proclamation of Philippine Independence
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Friday, 24 June 2016
- Friday, 24 June 2016 Senator Juan Edgardo “Sonny” Angara Graces 118th Independence Day Celebrations in Saipan; Visits PHL Consulate General in Guam
- Friday, 24 June 2016 PHL Ambassador Bids Farewell to Lebanon’s MFAE Secretary General
- Friday, 24 June 2016 PHL Ambassador Calls on Lebanon’s MFAE Director for Political and Consular Affairs
- Friday, 24 June 2016 PHL Embassy Inaugurates Miniature Replica of Rizal Monument on Birth Anniversary of Dr. Jose Rizal
03 June 2015 – The Philippine Embassy in Doha successfully launched on May 29 the i-Rehistro, an online system that provides a much faster way of accomplishing the form for overseas voter registration, during the Quarterly General Assembly of the United Filipino Organizations in Qatar, the umbrella organization of Filipino communities in the country.
Philippine Ambassador to Qatar Wilfredo C. Santos encouraged more overseas Filipinos in Qatar to register in time for the national elections in May 2016 through the i-Rehistro. “You want change in our country. This is the best way. Through this mechanism, you can select the future leaders of our country. This is voluntary, but it is your obligation as citizens to register and cast votes. I hope you will participate for the future of our country,” Ambassador Santos said.
Administrative Officer and Overseas Voter (OV) Registration Focal Point, Victoria P. Artificio, gave a demonstration on how to access the i-Rehistro on the COMELEC website and accomplish the online form.
As of May 26, there are currently 7,003 Filipinos in Qatar who have already registered. Out of that figure, 6,476 are new registrants, while 527 are considered as transferees or classified under ‘reactivation of registration’. Embassy has been given the target of registering 16,000 Filipinos in Qatar. END