Tuesday, 28 June 2016
- Monday, 27 June 2016 Statement on DPRK’s Musudan Intermediate-Range Missile Launches
- Monday, 27 June 2016 Ambassador Cuisia Honored with 2016 Carlos P. Romulo Award
- Friday, 24 June 2016 DFA Regional Consular Office Lucena Joins #Pagyanig2016 The Nationwide Simultaneous Earthquake Drill
- Thursday, 23 June 2016 29 Filipinas Rescued from Trafficking in Sarawak
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Tuesday, 28 June 2016
- Tuesday, 28 June 2016 PHL Ambassador’s Cup Golf Tournament in Abu Dhabi
- Tuesday, 28 June 2016 PHL Embassy in Madrid Commemorates The 118th Anniversary of the Proclamation of Philippine Independence
- Tuesday, 28 June 2016 PHL Embassy Celebrates the 118th Anniversary of the Proclamation of Philippine Independence with the Filipino Community in Madrid
- Tuesday, 28 June 2016 PHL Ambassador Attends the Graduation Ceremonies of The Philippine School in Greece
24 July 2013 - In observance of the 2013 National Disaster Consciousness Month (NDCM) with the theme “Ligtas na Bayan, Maunlad na Pamayanan” and in support of the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) Volunteer Program, DFA Legazpi conducted a community outreach at the Banquerohan Resettlement Elementary School (BRES) in Legazpi City on July 21.
The Philippine Naval Forces Southern Luzon (Navforsol), headed by Commodore Manuel Natalio Abinuman, supported and participated in the DFA activity.
BRES has 350 students whose families originally came from the six-kilometer permanent danger zone around Mt. Mayon’s.
To prevent soil erosion and also to provide shade in the school ground, DFA Legazpi and Philippine Navy personnel, together with Grade 6 students, planted 100 narra and pili trees around and within the school premises. The trees were provided by Department of Environment and Natural resources-Albay whose personnel also assisted during the tree- planting. The tree-planting was followed by a feeding activity, hair trimming and Palaro ng Lahi.
On July 01 during the launching of the NDCM, DFA Legazpi and Navforsol were among the recipients of Certificates of Commendation from re-elected Albay Governor Joey Salceda and Office of Civil Defense V Regional Director Bernardo Alejandro IV for the assistance they extended during the Search, Rescue and Retrieval Operations for local and foreign mountaineers affected by the Mayon phreatic explosion on 07 May 2013. END