Wednesday, 24 August 2016
- Wednesday, 24 August 2016 Photo Exhibit Marks DFA’s 2016 Celebrations of International Humanitarian Law Day
- Wednesday, 24 August 2016 DFA, United Nations Country Team Prepare for 2016 UN Day Celebration
- Tuesday, 23 August 2016 DFA Highlights Primacy of ‘Rule of Law’ in Briefing for the Diplomatic Corps
- Saturday, 20 August 2016 DFA Assistance to Nationals Team Facilitates Assistance to OFWs in Distress in Al Khobar and Dammam, Saudi Arabia
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Friday, 26 August 2016
- Friday, 26 August 2016 PHL Ambassador Highlights Trade & Investment Opportunities at Russian Business Forum
- Friday, 26 August 2016 Tinikling Hits Top Tourist Street in Moscow
- Friday, 26 August 2016 PHL Embassy in Oslo Conducts Consular Outreach in Copenhagen
- Friday, 26 August 2016 PHL Embassy in Pretoria Conducts Briefing on Doing Business in the Philippines
24 July 2013 - In observance of the 2013 National Disaster Consciousness Month (NDCM) with the theme “Ligtas na Bayan, Maunlad na Pamayanan” and in support of the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) Volunteer Program, DFA Legazpi conducted a community outreach at the Banquerohan Resettlement Elementary School (BRES) in Legazpi City on July 21.
The Philippine Naval Forces Southern Luzon (Navforsol), headed by Commodore Manuel Natalio Abinuman, supported and participated in the DFA activity.
BRES has 350 students whose families originally came from the six-kilometer permanent danger zone around Mt. Mayon’s.
To prevent soil erosion and also to provide shade in the school ground, DFA Legazpi and Philippine Navy personnel, together with Grade 6 students, planted 100 narra and pili trees around and within the school premises. The trees were provided by Department of Environment and Natural resources-Albay whose personnel also assisted during the tree- planting. The tree-planting was followed by a feeding activity, hair trimming and Palaro ng Lahi.
On July 01 during the launching of the NDCM, DFA Legazpi and Navforsol were among the recipients of Certificates of Commendation from re-elected Albay Governor Joey Salceda and Office of Civil Defense V Regional Director Bernardo Alejandro IV for the assistance they extended during the Search, Rescue and Retrieval Operations for local and foreign mountaineers affected by the Mayon phreatic explosion on 07 May 2013. END