Friday, 24 June 2016
- Thursday, 23 June 2016 29 Filipinas Rescued from Trafficking in Sarawak
- Wednesday, 22 June 2016 PHL Ambassador Rosario G. Manalo Wins Seat in UN Treaty Body on Gender Equality and Women's Rights
- Wednesday, 22 June 2016 ASEAN and Canada Agree to Strengthen Cooperation in Run Up to 40th Anniversary of ASEAN-Canada Relations in 2017
- Monday, 20 June 2016 DFA Regional Consular Office in Lucena Commemorates the 118th Anniversary of the Proclamation of Philippine Independence
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Friday, 24 June 2016
- Friday, 24 June 2016 Senator Juan Edgardo “Sonny” Angara Graces 118th Independence Day Celebrations in Saipan; Visits PHL Consulate General in Guam
- Friday, 24 June 2016 PHL Ambassador Bids Farewell to Lebanon’s MFAE Secretary General
- Friday, 24 June 2016 PHL Ambassador Calls on Lebanon’s MFAE Director for Political and Consular Affairs
- Friday, 24 June 2016 PHL Embassy Inaugurates Miniature Replica of Rizal Monument on
23 August 2013 – The Department of Foreign Affairs opened its fourth consular office in Metro Manila at the Metro Gaisano Department Store in Alabang Town Center.
DFA Secretary Albert F. Del Rosario graced the event as guest of honor and speaker.
The opening of new satellite consular offices and the transfer of Regional Consular Offices (RCOs) in malls is in line with President Benigno S. Aquino III’s Public-Private Partnership (PPP) Agenda and with the view to make consular services more accessible and convenient to Filipinos.
“The Department of Foreign Affairs is among the government agencies at the vanguard of this PPP policy. Having been in the private sector myself, I see that the synergy between public and private efforts and the sharing of resources and expertise plus the right policy environment hold the key to the successful implementation of sustainable government projects,” Secretary Del Rosario said during the inauguration ceremony.
DFA Undersecretary Rafael E. Seguis, Office of Consular Affairs Assistant Secretary Jaime Victor B. Ledda, Office of Personnel and Administrative Service Assistant Secretary Melita S. Thomeczek, Department Legislative Liaison Unit Assistant Secretary Victoriano M. Lecaros and Public Information Services Unit Assistant Secretary Raul S. Hernandez also attended the event.
Metro Gaisano Department Store executives headed by Engr. Frank Gaisano, Chairman and CEO of Vicsal Development Corporation; and Mr. Eduardo Ponce, President and COO of Metro Retail Store also witnessed the inauguration ceremony. The opening of the newest DFA Satellite consular office was also attended by Mayor Jaime Fresnedi of Muntinlupa City.
DFA - NCR South is open to the public from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM, Mondays to Saturdays. DFA - NCR South, conveniently located at the fourth level of Metro Gaisano Department Store, accepts new passport applications, passport renewal and replacement of lost passports and provides authentication services.
DFA’s newest consular office aims to cater to applicants in the southern part of Metro Manila and adjacent provinces. DFA – NCR South is headed by OIC Ms. Ava Elsa B. Arcilla.
Passport application appointment to DFA-NCR South can be made by logging on www.passport.com.ph or by calling the Passport Hotline at 737-1000. Setting up an appointment online or through telephone is free of charge. END