Sunday, 01 May 2016
- Friday, 29 April 2016 Statement on the Attack on Pul-E-Mahmood Khan in Afghanistan
- Friday, 29 April 2016 Undersecretary Manalo Attends Asean Senior Officials’ Meeting With China Singapore
- Thursday, 28 April 2016 PH, ROK Conclude Arrangement, Loan Agreement for the Panguil Bay Bridge Project
- Thursday, 28 April 2016 Statement on the Recent Submarine-Launched Ballistic Missile Test by the Democratic People's Republic of Korea
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Tuesday, 03 May 2016
- Tuesday, 03 May 2016 PHL Embassy in Doha Breaches 10,000 Voter Benchmark, Commemorates Women’s Suffrage Day
- Tuesday, 03 May 2016 PHL Embassy Calls on Yangon Region Chief and Yangon Mayor, Discusses Strengthening of Relations
- Tuesday, 03 May 2016 PHL Embassy in Tokyo Celebrates Labor Day
- Monday, 02 May 2016 PHL Ambassador to Prague Hosts Asian Ambassadors’ Lunch Meeting with Czech Human Rights Minister Jiří Dienstbier Jr.
28 September 2013 - The Philippine Consulate General in New York joined the Handang Tumulong Foundation, Inc. (HTFI) on its 5th annual walk-and-run fundraising event entitled “Lakad Tulong Loves 2 Help 5 K Run / Walk” held at the Stephen R. Gregg County Park on 48th Street and JFK Boulevard in Bayonne, New Jersey on September 22.
According to HTFI, a 501c(3) not-for-profit organization registered in New Jersey, about 140 runners and walkers, and 60 volunteers participated in this year’s event whose proceeds will be used to donate funds and goods to natural disaster victims in the Philippines and other countries.
Consul General Mario De Leon, Jr., and his spouse, Eleanor, joined the event together with the other officers and staff of the Consulate and their families. He thanked HTFI for taking the lead in aiding natural disaster victims in the Philippines. “The Philippines, due to its geographic location, has its share of natural calamities. Every year, about 20 typhoons hit our country causing significant damages to properties and loss of lives. The assistance given by HTFI will go a long way in helping the affected communities as they recover from natural disasters,” the Consul General remarked before the start of the walk.
Since it was launched in 2009, the “Lakad Tulong” event has raised over US$150,000 in contributions that were given to charitable agencies, churches and civic organizations helping victims of natural calamities, including those affected by typhoons Ondoy (2009), Sendong (2011), Pablo (2012), and, more recently, Maring (2013) in the Philippines. Among the recipients of HTFI donations were Philippine National Red Cross, GMA Kapuso Foundation, Ayala Foundation, Inc., Brent International School Alumni, Philippine Jesuit Foundation, and Agarao Serbilis Foundation.
HTFI also gave donations to victims of Hurricane Sandy which caused severe damages to New York and New Jersey last year. END