Friday, 01 July 2016
- Thursday, 30 June 2016 Statement on the Announcement of the July 12 Issuance of the Ruling on the Arbitration Case
- Thursday, 30 June 2016 Statement on the Terrorist Attack on Istanbul Ataturk Airport
- Tuesday, 28 June 2016 Statement on the Brexit Polls
- Monday, 27 June 2016 Statement on DPRK’s Musudan Intermediate-Range Missile Launches
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Friday, 01 July 2016
- Friday, 01 July 2016 PHL Consulate General Joins Filipinos in New South Wales in Month-Long Celebration of Philippine Independence
- Friday, 01 July 2016 Filipino Spirit of Camaraderie Shines Through in the Opening of the 15th Season of the Philippine Basketball Association of Shanghai
- Friday, 01 July 2016 Korean Train Manufacturer Urged to Put Up Operations in PH
- Friday, 01 July 2016 PHL Consulate General in Luxembourg Celebrates the 118th Anniversary of the Proclamation of Philippine Independence
30 September 2013 - The Philippine Embassy in Brussels hosted the 3rd Assembly of Filipino Community Leaders in Belgium and Luxembourg on the evening of September 26 at the Chancery’s Conference Room. More than 20 Filipino community Leaders, including the Philippine’s Honorary Consuls, attended the Assembly.
The regular Assembly serves as a platform for the Embassy to update the community about all aspects of the Embassy’s work program that have a bearing on the welfare of Filipinos in Belgium and Luxembourg. It also allows the Embassy and the community organizations to exchange views on developments in the Philippines, as well as to plan community-wide events including Independence Day and Christmas celebrations.
During his welcome remarks, Minister and Consul General Robespierre Bolivar announced major developments, including the lifting of European Union (EU) air safety concerns that would allow Philippine air carriers to resume flights to the EU. He also announced that Philippine Airlines is scheduled to commence direct flights to London by November 04, and to Paris, Amsterdam, Rome and Frankfurt before the end of the year.
The first Assembly, organized by the Embassy in February 2013, coincided with the launch of Pinoy Radio BENELUX, a 24-hour internet-based all-Filipino radio station catering to communities in Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxembourg.
The 2nd Assembly was held during the visit of Secretary Albert del Rosario to Belgium and Luxembourg in July 2013. This Assembly gave the community an opportunity to exchange views with the Secretary on issues of national importance, including the arbitral proceedings initiated by the Philippines in the West Philippine Sea. END