Friday, 29 April 2016
- Friday, 29 April 2016 Undersecretary Manalo Attends Asean Senior Officials’ Meeting With China Singapore
- Thursday, 28 April 2016 PH, ROK Conclude Arrangement, Loan Agreement for the Panguil Bay Bridge Project
- Thursday, 28 April 2016 Statement on the Recent Submarine-Launched Ballistic Missile Test by the Democratic People's Republic of Korea
- Tuesday, 26 April 2016 On Government Efforts to Rescue Kidnap Victims
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Friday, 29 April 2016
- Friday, 29 April 2016 PHL Consulate General in Honolulu Conducts Mobile Field Voting in Maui and Hilo, Hawaii
- Friday, 29 April 2016 New PHL Ambassador Presents Credentials to Australian Governor General
- Friday, 29 April 2016 PHL Consulate General Vancouver’s Announcement for Overseas Voters
- Friday, 29 April 2016 PHL Embassy and POLO Activate Joint Assistance Desk in Eastern Region of Saudi Arabia
30 September 2013 - The Philippine Embassy in Brussels hosted the 3rd Assembly of Filipino Community Leaders in Belgium and Luxembourg on the evening of September 26 at the Chancery’s Conference Room. More than 20 Filipino community Leaders, including the Philippine’s Honorary Consuls, attended the Assembly.
The regular Assembly serves as a platform for the Embassy to update the community about all aspects of the Embassy’s work program that have a bearing on the welfare of Filipinos in Belgium and Luxembourg. It also allows the Embassy and the community organizations to exchange views on developments in the Philippines, as well as to plan community-wide events including Independence Day and Christmas celebrations.
During his welcome remarks, Minister and Consul General Robespierre Bolivar announced major developments, including the lifting of European Union (EU) air safety concerns that would allow Philippine air carriers to resume flights to the EU. He also announced that Philippine Airlines is scheduled to commence direct flights to London by November 04, and to Paris, Amsterdam, Rome and Frankfurt before the end of the year.
The first Assembly, organized by the Embassy in February 2013, coincided with the launch of Pinoy Radio BENELUX, a 24-hour internet-based all-Filipino radio station catering to communities in Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxembourg.
The 2nd Assembly was held during the visit of Secretary Albert del Rosario to Belgium and Luxembourg in July 2013. This Assembly gave the community an opportunity to exchange views with the Secretary on issues of national importance, including the arbitral proceedings initiated by the Philippines in the West Philippine Sea. END