Friday, 24 June 2016
- Thursday, 23 June 2016 29 Filipinas Rescued from Trafficking in Sarawak
- Wednesday, 22 June 2016 PHL Ambassador Rosario G. Manalo Wins Seat in UN Treaty Body on Gender Equality and Women's Rights
- Wednesday, 22 June 2016 ASEAN and Canada Agree to Strengthen Cooperation in Run Up to 40th Anniversary of ASEAN-Canada Relations in 2017
- Monday, 20 June 2016 DFA Regional Consular Office in Lucena Commemorates the 118th Anniversary of the Proclamation of Philippine Independence
News from PHL Embassies, Consulates & Missions
Friday, 24 June 2016
- Friday, 24 June 2016 Senator Juan Edgardo “Sonny” Angara Graces 118th Independence Day Celebrations in Saipan; Visits PHL Consulate General in Guam
- Friday, 24 June 2016 PHL Ambassador Bids Farewell to Lebanon’s MFAE Secretary General
- Friday, 24 June 2016 PHL Ambassador Calls on Lebanon’s MFAE Director for Political and Consular Affairs
- Friday, 24 June 2016 PHL Embassy Inaugurates Miniature Replica of Rizal Monument on
28 June 2013 - Philippine Ambassador to Belgium, Luxembourg and the European Union Victoria Bataclan hosted a reception on June 12, to commemorate the 115th anniversary of the declaration of Philippine Independence.
Two hundred (200) guests from the Diplomatic Corps, the Governments of Belgium, Luxembourg and the European Union as well as key partners in the private sector and from people’s organizations attended the event.
In her remarks, Ambassador Bataclan echoed the President’s message during the traditional Vin d’honneur at the Malacañan Palace, exhorting continued partnership between the Philippines and all nations in promoting peace, amity and unity.
To showcase Filipino talent on this special day, the Embassy arranged for the performances by the Filipino Pop Ensemble, a group of Brussels-based singers led by award winning pianist Mr. Michael Cu; and of Mr. Sven Toune, a Belgian in the hotel industry who is famous with the Filipino community for singing Filipino classic and pop songs.
Also featured in the grand hallways of the Embassy was an exhibition of Philippine paintings dubbed “Filipinism”, which complemented the “It’s more fun in the Philippines” theme of the event. END